My asylum has finished and they want to deport me  but they couldn't because they do not have my country passport or identity as Nigeria so they stop to renew my 3 months duldung.  Now I am hiding for 6 months as illegal. I am staying with my German gf. She is pregnant for me, she will give birth by February  next year . I want to know if I can get resident permit when she put to birth next year since I am illegal?  I want advice on what to do next year. Thanks
asked Sep 9, 2019 in Legal advice by felise | 724 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

+1 vote

Dear @David123,

Thank you for sharing your situation with the Wefugee Community!

In general, you might have the option to apply for a residence permit to be able to take care of your German child ("Aufenthaltserlaubnis zur Personensorge"). This topic was discussed a few times already on this platform. Please check, for example, this thread for more details.

However, to meet the requirements it will be essential to officially acknowledge the paternity (since you and the mother are not married) and declare the custody for the child.

Therefore, you will need to see the authorities sooner or later. I would highly recommend you to seek some legal advice either from a lawyer or a migration counselling office. Please let us know if you need support in finding one close to your place.

Also do not hesitate to get back to us with any further questions!

All the best for you and your family,


answered Sep 13, 2019 by Meike
Hello Meike , I live in Rheine, please I need help with support in findIng one close to me. Thanks
Hello Meike , I go through the  thread but I didn't come to Europe with a visa but through libya by land. My asylum in Germany has finished and they have given me deportation letter already and they want me to bring my nigeria passport for deportation  but I didn't give them any I.D so they stop renewing my duldung so I went hiding and staying with my German gf illegally,  she is 4 months pregnant now . She will give birth by February.  Can I get stay through the baby?? and  I need your support to get a good lawyer in Rheine city for me. Thanks
Please Meike,  I need support from  a good lawyer in my city in Rheine .please help. Thanks .

Dear @David123

Unfortunately, I can not recommend a lawyer near Rheine from my own experience. But if you, for example, see the counselors in the office of Caritas in Rheine (https://***.caritas-rheine.de/hilfeundberatung/menschenmitmigrationsgeschichte/beratungfuerfluechtlinge/beratung-fuer-fluechtlinge), I am sure that they can support you in finding one or even recommend somebody. Following the link you will find contact details and their open counseling hours. I hope this helps and all the best, 


Thanks Meike, can I go to the caritas in rheine for help now or after my woman put to birth? You know that i am still illegal, won't they call police for me ?     Moreover my woman is just 4 months pregnant.
I need your reply sir
Dear @David123, The social workers from Caritas will be bound by their duty of professional secrecy and will not report you. I would encourage you to seek advice there as soon as possible. All the best for you, Meike
Thank you for your help.
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
4,772 questions
5,709 answers
138,541 users