Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
closed with the note: Ok
asked Aug 21, 2019 in Home & Living by Don’t Know
closed Jan 27 by Don’t Know
Thanks so much dear Melina

1 Answer

+1 vote

Dear @MoniLink, thank you for sharing a question with the Wefugees Community! 

With a Niederlassungserlaubnis (permanent residence permit) it is possible for you to visit all of the Schengen countries without a visa. You are allowed to stay in the Schengen country you are visiting up to 3 months (90 days) in a period of 180 days. 

For the EU-countries that are not part to the Schengen Agreement like the UK, Ireland and Cyprus it is probably necessary for you to apply for a visa. You can do this at the embassy of the regarding state.

It is just very important that besides your permanent residence permit you as well hold a passport, f. e. of your home country or some kind of equivalent because you have to be able to show identification. 

I hope this helps and feel free to get back to us with any further questions! 

All the best, Melina

answered Sep 19, 2019 by InfoVerbund
3,893 questions
4,661 answers
136,205 users