Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
I got married to a German lady in late 2017 and God bless us with a child recently  and i have apply for my Residence permit through a lawyer since 2017 and now they are asking me to go to my home country and come back with family reunion visa. Am confuse because I have a child with my wife.(German) please i need any Association that can help me in Nuremberg (bayern).
closed with the note: Answered..
asked Feb 16 in Legal advice by Obumkelly79
closed Mar 10 by Obumkelly79

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Obumkelly79,

Welcome to Wefugees and Congratulations on the addition to your family! :-)

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing these difficulties with your residence permit application. From what I could find on our platform, it is not uncommon for German authorities to ask spouses to return to their "home country" and come back on a spouse visa/ family reunion visa. 

It's a good idea to let a refugee support service have a closer look at your case and help you with this urgent matter in person!

Here are the contact details of the Refugee Law Clinic in Nuremberg

You can find their phone number and E-Mail on there to reach out to them.

Otherwise, there is a list of lawyers specializing in asylum law here:

And a list of other pro bono legal aid services for refugees in Bavaria:

I hope these contact details help and you find support with your case quickly. Feel free to reach out to us again if you need further assistance with your case!

All the best and Good Luck,


answered Feb 19 by Isa
2,546 questions
3,149 answers
132,022 users