Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
Hello to everyone I m new to this website I have one question please can you help me out basically I m married with german women in uk we have one child no she left me and start living in germany if I want to go Germany and stay with my child what should I do or is it possible thanks for your time
asked Jan 7 in Legal advice by Maaz

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Maaz,

Welcome to the Wefugees community and thank you for your question.

Do you have a legal status in the UK/ are you a UK citizen? Here is a long list of information by the UK government on Living in Germany

If you are looking into moving to Germany and plan on staying for more than three months, you have to register at the local registration office in Germany/ might need a residence permit (depending on your legal status). There are a lot of different kinds that you can have a look at on this Berlin service website:

Here is more information on entry requirements:

As I assume that the mother has sole custody of your child, it is important you talk to her about wanting to be part of your child's life.

I hope this information helps. Feel free to reach out to us again if you need any further assistance!

Kind regards,


answered Jan 14 by Isa
2,023 questions
2,640 answers
61,858 users